Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hy-Vee for 7/30-8/5

Hy-Vee is having a pretty decent week!
  • Cantaloupe are 2/3 (beats Dillons price this week)
  • Hy-Vee stick butter is 1.77/lb.
  • Corn King 16 oz. pack of sliced bacon is 1.49!
  • Kraft BBQ sauce is .77/bottle
  • Pillsbury cake mixes are .88/1- use 1/2 coupon from this weekends paper to get these for .33/1!! (note: my mistake- the coupon is 1/2 brownie mix or frosting. It is reported that these are on sale 10/10, so use the coupon and get 2 brownie mixes for only 1.00!)
  • They are running a deal where you get $5/your purchase of 10 or more participating general mills products. This includes toaster strudels, cereal (coupons can be printed from widgets on this site), Betty crocker muffin mixes, warm delights etc. Check out ad page here. I know that most of these items have coupons to go with them. This may even be a great way to stock up on cereal! General Mills cereal is 5/10- buy 10 boxes=$20- 5=$15 or 1.50/box- combine with 10 coupons either from my widgets, other sites or inserts and have the potential of getting this cereal for 1/box! Make sure to share your deal if you come up with one!
  • Kellogs cereal is 6/10- if you didn't buy the Rice Krispies at Dillons make sure you to use the 1/1 coupon to get those for .67/box! Be sure to look for boxes that have the free after rebate coupon attached to them!
  • Hy-Vee margarine quarters are .59/1
  • Hy-Vee 1 dozen large eggs are .99/1!!!
  • Hy-Vee 24 oz. tub of cottage cheese is 1.38/1
  • Pillsbury cinnamon rolls or crescent rolls are 2/3- use .25/1 coupons from recent insert to get these for 1.25/1!
  • Farmland hot dogs are 10/10- 1/2 coupon to get these for .50/1! (beats the Dillons price)
  • Hy-Vee 16 oz sour cream is 10/10 (same as Aldi price)
  • red potatoes are .79/lb.
  • 2 lb. bag of Clementines is 2.99!
  • Green grapes are 1.48/lb
  • Red, green leaf, or romaine lettuce are .98 each
  • Kiwi are 3/1!
  • Dole salad mixes are 10/10- use coupons from recent inserts to get these for .50 or less!
  • Dole celery is .99/1
  • Driscoll's raspberries are 2/4
  • 2 lb. pack of strawberries is 3.99
  • Hy-Vee flour tortillas are 1.19/package!
  • Suave shampoo or conditioner is .97/1- use 1/2 coupon to get these for .47 cents!
That is what I see so far! Let me know of anything I missed. Have a great week!

5 comments:

Em said...

Hi Shannon! We only met once or twice so you may not remember me; I was one of Rachel's college roommates after you lived with her in the townhouse in Manhattan. My friends Marie and Andrea read your blog and have gotten me hooked! Although I live in Olathe, I'm able to use a lot of your postings to learn a lot...thanks so much for the time you take to post! I'm transitioning to staying at home next year as I'm expecting a baby boy in just seven weeks! I'm appreciated all the advice on how to lower our grocery bills each week. Question: I noticed the Hy-Vee special you mentioned on Pillsbury cake mixes. I had a coupon for $1/2 as well from last weekend's inserts. But once I got to the store, I realized that my coupon was for the brownie mix instead. The brownie mixes were still 10/10, so it was still a good deal. Turned out to be $.55 a piece instead of $.33....I was just wanting to clarify...did I miss something? It's totally possible that you just have a different coupon, too! Well, thanks for everything! (I've even gotten another young stay-at-home mom hooked on your site!)

Shannon said...

Hey Emily- I do remember you! When I have a little more time I will look up our ad and see if I made a mistake... thanks for letting me know! IT is good to hear from you and I will look into the pillsbury thing... I don't have my coupons at the moment to give you an accurate answer... but I will sometime day!

Heather said...

I attempted to do the buy 10 GM cereal and other products and get a $5 coupon for your next shopping order. It appears that the only cereals working are the regular Cheerios, Trix, Lucky Charms, and some other sugar cereal (I can't remember). The Honey Nut Cheerios and the Wheaties were not part of the deal, but were marked at $1.88/box. I had some $1/1 Cheerios coupons and .75/1 Wheaties coupons to make these around $1 or less.

blaireruch said...

Shannon, I just checked my coupons from the paper and the $1/2 coupon is for Pillsbury brownie mixes or frosting only. :(

Shannon said...

I apologize for the confusion on the pillsbury deal. The coupon is for the brownie mixes, but as Emily mentioned (thank you!) they are 10/10 I do have a 1/2 coupon for brownie mixes or frosting so it will work...you will just be paying .50/1 instead of .33

Thanks!