Friday, May 23, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
- Ground Beef is 1.77/lb (I consider a good price to be anything 1.99/lb and under
- Coke 12 packs are 4/12- buy 4 and get 2/of making these 4/10 or 2.50/12 pack- you have to buy 4 in order to get the discount
- Watermelons are 2.99 (only good at 3 locations.. check the add here for details
- Kraft Mayo is 1.77- if you got the Kraft Food and Family magazine there was a coupon in there for .50/1... this would it .77/1!
- Kroger cheese is on sale 3/5- 1.67/pack
- Lays, Cheetos, and Fritos are 1.88 (however they are 1.77 at Hy-Vee)
- Milk as usual is 2.79/1
- Kroger buns are 10/10 this week (Aldi usually has theirs marked around .79/1
- Oscar Meyer Turkey lunch meat is 2.79- use 1/1 coupon from recent insert to make it 1.79/1
- French's mustard is 1.39/1 use .30/1 to make it .79/1
- Better Crocker suddenly salad is on sale 10/10- use .40/1 coupon here and here to make them .20/1 or use .50/1 from recent coupon insert to make them .50/1
- Bushes Grillin Beans are 2/3 (Hy-vee is 1.18) so use 1/1 coupon to make them .50 at Dillons or .18 at Hy-vee
- Kraft Dressing is on sale 1.88/1 use .75/2 to make them 1.38/1 or use your coupon for a free bottle from the Kraft food and family magazine to get it for free... or check out the Hy-vee post for a an even better deal!
- Cherries are 2.99/lb. (compared to Dillons that are 4.99/lb this week)
- Blueberries-6.oz packages are 2/4
- Gremway Farms Baby carrots .97/package (these are consistently this price at Aldi, if not less)
- Stimilt braceburn apples are .99/lb - good price for any produce!
- Fresh sweet corn are 4/1 (compare to dillons that are 5/2)
- Lays Potato chips are 1.77/package (good price for name brand- I would save money by buying the off brand... price at Aldi is usually 1.09/bag of chips)
- John Morrell hot dogs are .49/1
- Certain Kellogs cereals are 5/10... there are 1/1 coupons there possibly making these a 1$ a box... but still 2$ a box is not bad either
- Pepsi products- 4 12 packs/11$... there is an in add coupons that says if you buy 4 you get the 5th free... making them 2.20/12 pack
- Kraft BBQ sauce is .99/1 (off brand at Aldi ususally runs for this)
- Hy-Vee brand relish is .99/1
- Hy-Vee brand 12oz. cans of peanuts are 2/3
- Lipton Knorr Sides are 10/10- use .60/2 from recent insert to make these .70/1
- Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad 5/5- use .50/1 from the paper to make them .75/1 or use the .40/1 coupon here or here and make them .60/1
- Bush's Grillin Beans are 1.18- use 1/1 coupon from recent coupon inserts to make them .18/1
- Pillsbury cake mixes are .88/1
- Hy-Vee brand 25oz cottage cheese is 1.68/1 (this size is usually 2.12 at Aldi)
- There is an in add coupons that says buy 2 Kraft salad dressings (3/5) and get 1 bag of Hy-vee salad free. There are .75/2 coupons and don't forget in this months Kraft Food and Family magazine there was a coupon for a free bottle. So use 1 .75/2 coupon along with a coupon for a free bottle and pay 2.58 for 3 bottles of kraft and a bag of salad- a steel! (comes down to .86 a bottle)
- Totinos pizza rolls are 10/10 you can use .40/1 coupons from recent inserts to make these .60/1 (I will tell you that Dillons frequently puts these on sale 10/10 also... since they double coupons you can end getting these for .20/box!-so you may consider waiting)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I wasn't so sure about this new Hy-Vee coming to Topeka because I knew they did not double coupons (one of my favorite aspects of Dillons) This week however, I am impressed. While Hy-Vee may not double coupons, they have prices on items I have never seen so low! So here it goes:
- Dole Broccoli Bunch 1.18/1 (these used to be .99/1 at Aldi, but I have not seen that price in a while)
- Birds Eye Frozen Veggies .88/1 use 1$/2 coupon to make these .38/bag or a 1$/3 coupon to make these .55/bag (these were printable a few weeks back)
- Hyvee Chicken Breasts are 1.99/lb
- Dannon Light and Fit plus yogurt 4 pack 2/4- use 1/1 coupon to make these 1/pack!
- Yo Plait yo plus yogurt 4 pack 2/4- use 1/1 coupon to make these 1/pack!
- Duncan Hines cake mix is on sale .88/1 and DH frosting is 1.38/1 Buy both and use the .75/1 cake mix and frosting coupon to get both for 1.51
- Hy-Vee 12 oz. cottage cheese is .98/1 (note: 24 oz of this at Aldi usually runs for over 2$)
- Hy-Vee 80z. sour cream is 2/1
- Green Peppers are 2/1 (note: Great deal!)
- Dole ice berg lettuce is .79/1 (Aldi usually runs this price too)
- Blackberries are 1.88/5.6 oz container (I don't think I have seen them this cheap- only if they are manager special because they are getting ready to go bad)
- Ball Park Franks are 2/3 (Best Deal I have seen) Now combine coupons and get the best deal ever! Go here to get 1/1 coupons make these .50/1!
- Fast Fixin Chicken 10/10 (same deal as Dillons- check this post for the coupons that make these FREE!)
- Health Choice meals 10/10 with in-add coupon- go here for 1/2 coupons making them .50/1!!! There were also coupons in the paper a few weeks back with 1/2 coupons
- Ziplock bags are 2/3- use 1/2 coupon to make them 2/2 ( good price for quality bags!)
- Pillsbury Brownie Mixes 10/10
- Hyvee Catsup is .97/1 (Aldi's runs .99/1)
- Ben and Jerry's ice cream pints are 2/5- go here for 1/2 coupon making them 2/1! (note these usually run 2.50-3.50 at most stores)
Hy-Vee also has some other deals I saw yesterday:
- Dr. Pepper/ 7-up 12 packs were on sale for 1.99
- Pilgram's pride frozen chicken breasts 2.5lb bag 3.97!
- Wonder Bread .99 cents! (price of Aldi bread)
- Assorted Canned veggies .33 cents! (Aldi runs around this price)
- Little Debbie snacks .88 cents!
- Grands biscuits .99 cents!
- 5lb bag of Russet potatoes are .99 cents!
I will be honest and say I did not notice much this week, but here are the best finds. Remember also that Dillon's will double coupons up to 1$. So a .50 coupon becomes a 1.00, a .40 coupon becomes .80 and so forth.
- Post Cereals are on sale 4/10. When you buy 4 you will get an automatic 4$ taken off your total making this deal 4/6 or 1.50/box. Pretty good buy. Make it better by using coupons. There are 1/1 coupons out there making them .50/box or 1/2 coupons making them 1/box. (note: Cereal at Aldi tends to run 1.50/box and higher)
- Kroger sour cream is 10/10 (note: You do not have to buy 10 to get this price, also sour cream at Aldi is .99/1 and I prefer to buy it at Kroger for the 1$ price so it counts toward my gas purchase)
- Private Selection ice cream pints are 10/10
- Land O' Lakes butter spreads are 1.49/1 use a .30/1 coupon doubled to .60/ 1 and these are .89/1
- Egos are 1.22/1 (best price I have seen for Egos in a while- if you prefer name brand)
- Fast Fixin Chicken 10/10 go here to sign up for 1$ coupons making these FREE! If I remember right 5 coupons will print out for you.
I have always wanted to start a blog but never knew what to write about. Every week I tend to email some friends and tell them the best grocery buys at surrounding stores. So this week I decided to create a blog that anybody could look at so no one would miss out. My goal with this blog is to post mainly about current Dillon's and Hyvee deals. The add runs from Wednesday- Tuesday every week. My goal will be to post every Wednesday on what I think are the best buys. I usually base what I think is a best buy on what I know to be the best price I have ever paid (usually at Aldi) I know that Walmart does frequently have lower prices, however I make a it a goal to not have to go there. It is a store that has business that overwhelms me to my max.