Friday, November 20, 2009
Every year my sweet mother makes all of our Thanksgiving food (minus the Turkey... it is tradition for Grandpa to do this) and only shops 1 store because she doesn't like going to multiple locations. This year I am dragging her with me to 3 stores and I can't wait to total up all the savings she is going to experience by looking at the ad and determining where she can get the best price for the items on her list.
She has already emailed me her list and tomorrow morning is the big trip! I am going to calculate what she would have spent if she would have only shopped 1 store and then figure up how much we saved by shopping 3 stores! I am positive the savings will be worth the time we spent!!!
I'll be sure to share our results with all of you in the coming days!
Sorry, I totally forgot to mention that there is FREE Red Box code in the online Hy-Vee ad.
On page 3 of the online ad you can find the Red Box rental code to get a FREE video. It is limit 1 with coupon. My question for all of you is this: Can you only use this code at the Hy-Vee red box?
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I have been informed that the Jenni O frozen turkeys are on sale for .39/lb. as a apart of the Dillons grand re-opening sale. (I think this maybe at 21st and Fairlawn only... correct me if I am wrong)
The FREE part comes in if you never used that $5 off Jenni O coupon you could have signed up for last spring during the Biggest Loser finale. It is for $5 off one Jennie O product! So if you get a turkey that is around 13lbs. or less you could get it FREE!
What other deals have you seen as apart of this sale? I confess I was in the new Dillons the other night for just a few things (with children) and it was such a mad house I didn't even look at the deals! So if you know of some other great sales let me know us know:)
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I just posted the deals that are same as or beating the other stores this week. There are some worth taking advantage of!
- Best choice frozen turkeys=.48/lb. (beats ANY price this week!)
- Whole or Half Best Choice sprial hams=1.88/lb.
- Sweet potatoes=.38/lb.
- Fresh sleeved celery=.48/1 (same as every where else:)
- Best Choice chicken broth=.48/can... beats any price!
- Best Choice stuffing mix=.68/1 (beats ANY price this week!)
- Best choice butter=1.48/1 (beats Aldi price, but Hy-Vee has theirs for 1.38/1)
- Best choice canned veggies=.44/can (beats ANY price this week)
- Best choice whipped topping=.68/1 (beats ANY price this week)
- Best choice blocks of cream cheese=.68/1 (beats ANY price this week!)
- Johnsonville ground Italian sausage=1.99/1 (great price!)
- Select Pears=.99/lb.
- 1 bunch green onions=.49/1
- 4.4 oz blueberries=1.99/1
- 4lb. boneless Farmland Ham=4.98/1
- 10lb. bag of russet potatoes=1.88/1 (beats ANY price this week)
- 2lb. bag of Green Giant baby carrots=1.88/1 (Aldi price for 1lb. bag is .99/1)
So Dillons definitely has the better meat buys this week...turkeys as low as .49/lb.!!! But Hy-Vee has the better prices on all the other stuff you neede for Thanksgiving. It is definitely worth shopping 2 stores this week!
- Buy 1 Hormel Cure 81" whole boneless ham at 2.99/lb. and get 1 10-12lb. honeysuckle or Jenny O Turkey FREE with in ad coupon
- Folders big cans of coffee=4.98/1 (use $1/1 coupon to get these for only 3.98... STOCK UP if you have more than 1 coupon!)
- 7-Up products 12 pack cans=$2.50/1
- Hillshire farm little smokies=2/$4 (beats Aldi price of $2.50/1 and you can use .55/2 coupon to get these for nly 1.75/1)
- 12 oz. pkg. Hy-Vee cheese singles=.99/1
- 48oz Hy-vee cooking oil=1.88/1 (Aldi price has been around 1.99/1)
- 4 oz. cans of Midwest county fair mushrooms=2/$1
- Hy-Vee marshmellows=.69/bag with in ad coupon (beats ANY price... Aldi price is .99/1!)
- Hy-Vee baking chips=1.28/1 (beats ANY price... Aldi is 1.49/1 and up)
- Hy-Vee 5lb. bag of flour=.99/1 with in ad coupon (beats ANY price... Aldi price is 1.33/1)
- Hy-vee 1lb. butter=1.38/1 with in ad coupon (beats ANY price... Aldi price is 1.88/1 and up)
- Ocean spray cranberry sauce=.79/can with in ad coupon
- Hy-Vee large eggs=.99/1 with in ad coupon (I think Aldi price is .88/1 and lower this week)
- Green giant steamers=$1/1 (there were .50/1 printables here a while back making these only .50/1!, or use .40/1 from recent inserts to make them .60/1
- Hy-Vee 12 ct. frozen dinner rolls=$1
- Hy-vee sour cream=.88/1 (same as Aldi price)
- Hy-Vee canned veggies=.48/can (Aldi price is .49/1)
- Cool Whip whipped topping=.88/1 (beats Aldi price of .99/1)
- Stove Top stuffing mix=.88/1 (beats Aldi price of.99/1)
- 15 oz. can of Hy-Vee mandarin oranges=.59/1 (beats ANY price)
- Hy-Vee cans of evaporated milk=.69/1
- Kraft 8oz. cheese=1.67/1 (use $1.50/2lbs of ANY cheese coupon here to get these for only 1.30/1)
- Cambell's cream of soups=.69/1 (use .25/4 great for cooking soups coupon to get these for only .63/can... Aldi price is .59/1 for their off brand so Campbell's is a GREAT deal this week!)
- C&H 2lb. bag of powedered sugar=1.68/1 (use .30/1 coupon to get this for 1.38.1... higher than Aldi off brand price of 1.19/1... but C&H is better quality and this is a GREAT price!)
- Dole celery=.48/1 (beats ANY price this week!)
- Sweet potatoes=.49/lb. (same as Dillons price, but I think Aldi beats them both this week)
- 3lb. bag of mild yellow onions=.99/1 with in ad coupon (beats any price!)
- 3lb. bag of grimmway farms baby carrots=2.68/1 (Aldi price for 1lb. bag is .99/1, so Hy-Vee has the better deal this week)
- 16 oz. bag of radishes=.88/1
- Ocean Spray cranberies=.99/bag
- Del Monte Gold pinapple=2.48/1 (did you print that .75/1 coupon here a few weeks back? If so get this for only 1.73/1... a steal!)
**Don't forget that the 21st and Belle store in Topeka is now closed, but the Fairlawn one is now open!!**
Please remember that that I get credit when you use the coupon links I provide for printing and loading. You can print coupon.com coupons here! You can also now load cellfire coupons to your Dillons/Kroger card here **NEW ONES CAME OUT YESTERDAY!**
**All prices with coupons assume the coupon has doubled**
Coupons mentioned are from SS, RP, GM or P&G coupon inserts from our local paper unless specified with a coupon link. To see which insert the coupon I mention came out of I recommend you visit this site here.
Meat: Lots of turkey options and a few others just in case you are not turkey eaters on Thanksgiving:)
- Honeysuckle whole frozen turkey=.59/lb.
- Private Selection whole frozen turkey=.49/lb.
- Butterball whole frozen turkey=.99/lb.
- Boneless Pork Loin=1.39/lb. (crazy good price!)
- Cooks whole or half bone in ham=1.49/lb.
- Fresh Honeysuckle whole turkey=1.19/lb.
- Fresh Butterball whole turkey=1.39/lb.
- Private selection butter basted whole turkey breast=1.89/lb.
- Hillshire or Kroger beef smokies=$2.50/1 (Aldi price and I think there is a .55/2 Hillshire coupon out there making these only $2/1... good price!)
- Pork butt roast=1.39/lb.
- Tyson fresh drumsticks or thighs=.99/lb.
- Kroger 8 oz. bars or shreds of cheese=1.67/1 (use $1.50/2lbs. of any cheese coupon available here to get these for only $1.30/1)
- Folders big cans of coffee (33-38 oz)=5.99/1 (use $1/1 coupon to get this for only 4.99/1... usual price of Aldi brand)
- Kroger 16 oz. cottage cheese, sour cream or dips=$1/1 (Aldi price for sour cream has been .88/1, 24 oz. cottage cheese is usually 1.89 and higher)
- Dr. Pepper and 7-up brand 12 packs=4/$10 when you buy 4 or only $2.50/1 12 pack
- Kroger frozen veggies=.88/1 (beats Aldi price of .95/1)
- Private Selection or Turkey Hill ice cream=$2.50/1 (use $1/1 shortcuts coupon for the Private selection to get these for only $1.50/1... beats Aldi off brand price of 1.99/1)
- Kroger 14 oz. cans of broth=.59/1 (I am not sure on Aldi price these days but my guess is that they are around .50/can)
- Delmonte canned veggies=3/$2 or /67/1 (use $1/8 coupon to get these for .54/can (Aldi price for their brand is .49/1)
- Pillsbury Grands biscuits, sweet rolls or crescents=1.66/1 (use loadable .30/2 Grands, .40/2 sweet rolls, or $1/2 crescent rolls here and possibly here, along with .40/2 sweet rolls .50/2 crescents , .30/2 biscuits here) Biscuits=$1.21/1 after coupons, crescents=.66/1 (stock up price) and sweet rolls=$1.06/1 (all of these beat ANY price!)
- Duncan Hines cake mix=$1/1 (use .55/2 coupon to get these for only .50/1!)
- Duracell batteries=1.88/1 ** DEAL IDEA** Buy 6=$11.28, use 6 .75/1 coupons and total OOP=$5.28 and get a $5 catalina back to use on your next purchase... so that is only .28 for 6 packs of batteries!!! (I just did this yesterday and it worked great!)
- Fresh large celery=.88/1 (beats usual Aldi price of 1.19/1)
- Fancy sweet potatoes=.47/lb. (good price, Aldi has 3lb. bags this week for like .99 or something really cheap like that:)
- 10lb. bag of Kroger value potatoes=2.49/1
If you don't live in this region or are looking for an ad for another store I hope you visit The Grocery Gathering found here. See Hy-Vee deals here.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Okay well I meant to post this a LONG time ago but life happened:) We love this recipe!
Chicken Tetrazzini: Serves 8
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (I figured this to be about 1 lb.)=1.99
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup=.59/1 at Aldi
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup=.59/1 at Aldi
- 1 (10 ounce) pkg. spaghetti, broken into bite size pieces and cooked= $1 or less if you buy at Aldi or get it on sale
- 2 cups whipping cream (or milk)= Milk is cheaper and this maybe costs .25
- 1 stick of butter (I used margarine)=.15/stick when you buy off brand at Alid
- 2 T minced dry onion=pennies
- 1 large can mushrooms=??? ( I personally left these out of mine because we don't just love mushrooms)
- 2 T chopped parsley (I used 1 T of dried)=pennies
- 1 c Parmesan cheese=.49 (I got bags of this on sale at Hy-Vee for .99/1 that I have frozen for meals such as this)
Melt butter and sauté’ drained mushrooms and minced onions for about 5 minutes and add cooked chicken. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes (butter will absorb into chicken). Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Add the soups and cream (milk) to the chicken mixture. Stir until mixed well. Add drained spaghetti and chopped parsley. Pour into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top. Cool for 10 minutes.
For me this meal costs about $5 to make or only .63 a serving. This meal could easily cost double if you use whipping cream instead of milk, add in the mushrooms, use fresh parsley, use freshly grated Parmesan cheese and use real butter. I did none of those things and we thought this meal was great!
For TODAY ONLY Snapfish is offering 100 FREE PRINTS when you purchase $5 or more Just click on the image above and use code Free5 at check out.
If you aren't a member you can still get this deal. Just sign up on the landing page and you might earn even more FREE photos just for becoming a new member!!!
Monday, November 16, 2009
My Time Saving Tip: Load all coupons at once so they have the same expiration date. Then on the left of the screen under the icon that says Dillons Card it will say "print shopping list" Click that and print off the list of coupons you just loaded. I put this list in my Dillons shopping envelope with the date up top that these coupons expire (2 weeks from day of load). Now you don't have to waste time going back to load a coupon for a deal that might come up or kick yourself because one of the items was randomly on sale in the store and you didn't have the coupon loaded... I speak from experience:)
- Pillsbury® Crescents Save $1
- BC Cookie Mix Save $.40
- BC Frosting Save $.50
- BC Potatoes Save $.40
- BC Warm Delights Save $.50
- Bisquick® Save $.60
- Chex Mix Save $.50
- Chex® Cereals Save $1
- Cinn Toast Crunch Save $.55
- Green Giant® Vege's Save $.50
- PB Cookie Dough Save $1
- PB Pie Crusts Save $.50
- PB Refrig'd Grands! Save $.30
- PB Savorings® Save $.55
- PB Sweet Rolls Save $.40
- Progresso® Broth Save $.50
- Progresso® Soups Save $.50
- Yoplait® Cups Save $.50
- Huggies® Diapers Save $3
- Cottonelle® Save $.25
- HOT POCKETS Save $.55
- Scotch Fur Fighter Save $4 (At Kroger and ShopRite)
- Purina® Dry Cat Food Save $1
- Purina® Dry Dog Food Save $1
- Purina® Dog/Cat Treats Save $1
- Nature's Pride Bread Save $.75
Below is a brief description of what is in the kits this food pantry hands out.
Hygiene kits include: shampoo, conditioner (sometimes), bar soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, deodorant, and a towel and/or washcloth
Food packages include: a variety of non-perishable foods. Saltine crackers, dry cereal, and ramen noodles are the items that go the fastest.
As of right now this food pantry is completely out of dry cereal. A complete list of items that are put in the food packages can be found here.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday: Hubby and I went on a much needed date... out of town even!
Sunday: Skillet Lasagna, green beans
Monday: Homemade chicken nuggets, sweet potato fries, green beans
Tuesday: Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes, corn
Wednesday: Pigs in a blanket and mac and cheese
Friday: Sausage pizza
Breakfasts Options: (usually served with fruit)
banana muffins from the freezer
homemade pancakes from the freezer
Lunch Options: (usually served with fruit, raw veggies)
Meat and Cheese