That was my honest thought today when I noticed that the 10 lb. bags of potatoes at Aldi usually marked around a 1.99/bag are now priced at 3.59/bag! This is still a good deal for potatoes, but I sure was shocked! I also noticed that they have raised the price on their canned vegetables. What was once a fantastic price of .33/can is now .45/can! That is a price jump of 36%! Thanks goodness we serve a Great God who promises that we will never go hungry! I shopped at Dillons and Aldi this week. Here is what I got:
- 1 package of American Beauty Elbow maccoroni-1.50
- 2 bags of Kroger shredded cheese marked at 1.58/1=3.16
- 3 lb package of Sterling Silver ground beef =5.55
- Dillon's cracked wheat bread on MS for .69 (usually 1.60 or more)
- 2 bottles of coffee mate creamer=4.00- 2 .50/1 coupons doulbed=2.00 for both bottles
- 1 can of Bushes Baked Beans =.98-1/1 coupon = +.02!
- 2 bottles of Lawry's marinades =2.58 - 2.55/1 coupons doubled =.58 for both bottles!
- 2 6 packs of Yoplait kids yogurt drinks on close out for 1.59= 3.18- .75/2 coupon doubled=2.18 for both packs!
- 1 package of Kroger straws for my toddler to drink the yogurt=.89
- total before coupons was 24.13, after mf coupons and added tax the total was 19.76... a savings of 47%!
Note: I was actually over charged for 1 of the yogurts. 1 rang up at 1.59 but then the other rang up at full price of 3.19. This is why it so important to always check your receipt! Dillons is wonderful about issues like this and will refund you the full price of the overcharged item! So my real total after the refund is 16.57!
1 10 lb. bag of potatoes=3.59
1 bag of bananas (6 total)=.92
4 cans of cream of mushroom/chicken soup marked at .49/can=1.96
1 can of corn=.45
1 gallon of milk=2.79
1 carton of eggs=1.37 ( think... lost the reciept)
1 bag of flour tortillas=.99
1 can of crescent rolls=1.47
1 bag of tortilla chips=.99
total was 15.71
Total for the week was 32.28
I actually shopped this past monday but never posted my trip. I was able to find great deals on Aldi produce then so I am stocked for this week on great fruits and veggies! Be sure to check back Monday to see what my menu plan is. I will be trying a new meal!