Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My day

We had a crazy day yesterday and part of that craziness was mostly due to the fact that our car tags were due to be paid and we had waited until the very last day. I would have done this online but we never received anything in the mail giving us a pin to do so. Now where we lived originally (towns/cities of less than 40,000) this would not have been such a big deal, but apparently here in the city of Topeka the line is about 200 people long ALL DAY on the last day of the month! Thankfully by 7:00p.m. last night (after waiting in line for a little over 3 hours- we are too frugal for late fees!) we finally got the magic little sticker that would prove that we had paid our insanely high taxes on our cars so the friendly coppers wouldn't pull us over and give us a hefty ticket. Whew!

I thought this was funny so I had to share. After we got our child into bed last night I was chatting on the phone with a friend and mentioned that we would be eating dinner with my parents tomorrow night (that would be tonight). My sweet husband over hears this and pipes up from the background and says "We are?" My friend can hear him say this and starts laughing as she says "Even I knew that from reading your blog!" I guess I need to make sure to email my husband the Menu Plan Monday post so he knows what our dinner plans are for the week:)

Just a few random things from day so you know I am not a crazy couponer all the time!:)

No comments: