Sunday, March 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday for Mar. 2

Here is my $50/week menu plan. I do have one repeat from last week... I guess we had enough leftovers to get us through!

Sunday: Leftover Pizza (from Saturday night dinner)
Monday: Tacos with all the fixings, corn, and fruit
Tuesday: Skillet Lasagna, bread, salad
Wednesday: Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole, bread, fruit
Thursday: Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, fruit
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Pizza!

I will be posting recipes for you to use with the FREE Pillsbury stuff you have been getting Tuesday... be sure to come back then!

Below are some examples of what we have for breakfast and lunch:

Breakfast: Unfortunately in this house there are not many options.
  • Frozen pancakes (made from scratch and then frozen) and fruit
  • Oatmeal with fruit
  • Cold cereal (if you coupon long enough you will never run out of cereal!) with fruit
  • Yogurt with fruit
  • Eggs and toast with fruit
Lunch:
  • Leftovers
  • Meat and cheese sandwich,
  • Grilled cheese sandwich,
  • PB & J sandwich,
  • Mac and Cheese
  • Rice and veggies
Note: All lunches are usually served with veggies and fruit. This consists of what was on the sale for the week or whatever I might have canned in my pantry.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

haha. I was reading your menu and started singing "Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole... possibilities". What commercial is that from...? I can't recall. Thanks for getting the jingle in my head, though. :)

Shannon said...

Sadly I know where it comes from... The Campbell's commercials:)

Tasha said...

Your Chicken and Rice Casserole looks good! TFS!

blaireruch said...

Can't wait for tomorrow to see all the recipes for the Pillsbury stuff! We should have a baking party! :)