Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coupon Printing Troubleshoot

I have had a lot of comments lately from readers saying they are having trouble downloading the coupon printers from various sites, especially the coupons.com coupon printer. I am no computer nerd but here is what I know about my computer.

I have a Mac that runs on Tiger software. I can print coupons from both Safari and Firefox browsers. It is my understanding that you must have Tiger software in order for your computer to print from coupons.com. Now smartsource.com is a different story. Only Safari running on Tiger software will print from smartsource.com. In general Safari is the better browser to use on Macs.

Now for PCs I am not sure what the rules are here. If I print coupons from my PC (Dell running on XP) I have no issues printing from Internet Explorer or Firefox.

My one suggestion would be to make sure that you have the most up to date versions of your internet browsers. This is usually the most common problems when having issues printing coupons.

I have no idea if this info is helpful. I am not quite computer savvy like my hubby so I will open this up for discussion. If you have had issues with your computer not being able to print coupons from coupons.com or smartsource.com tell us how you were able to fix it!

If for some reason you cannot comment on the blog email me and I will post all helpful suggestions.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Lila said...

Shannon--

I use a PC, with internet explorer. When a coupon is formatted for firefox, if you go to the address line, somewhere in the middle there will be a vi or a vg. Try changing the i into a g or the other way around, and then hitting print. Sometimes this helps!

Anonymous said...

I had some girlfriends with the same issues. Here's what helped me and that I shared on my blog. Wendi at the Freebieblogger had the answers I needed. I use a PC and IE.

http://southeastiowadeals.blogspot.com/2009/02/printing-troubles.html

Cara said...

I don't have a mac, but you can download the safari broswer to use on your windows computer and still run it. I use this to print smartsource coupons, because for some reason I can not do that through Firefox or IE.

cara/simplycara.com