Monday, October 19, 2009

This week's shopping Trip

Below is what I bought for the week... again I really didn't need much because I had a lot of what I needed already on hand. You can see my dinner menu here and for lunch we eat left overs or sandwiches.. today we actually had chicken nuggets that I found in the freezer:)

Dillons:
  • 1 10 lb. bag of Kroger value potatoes=2.87
  • 1 bunch of green onions=.65
  • 1 pkg of Kroger value hot dog buns=.88
  • 1 loaf of Kroger value bread=.88
  • 1 16 oz. tub of strawberries=1.99
  • 1 International delight creamer=1.99 (yes we are creamer addicts and we like a little coffee to go with it:)
  • 3 lbs of bananas at .33/lb. (3-day sale)=.99
  • 2 red peppers on sale 2/$1 (3-day sale)=$1
  • 1 16 oz. bag Kroger baby carrots=$1
  • 1 lb. bag of popcorn kernels ( we love homemade popcorn in our whirly pop for a snack!)=1.95/1
Total=$15.33 including tax

Aldi: I was really bummed they were out of grapes... who can beat 1.58 for 2lbs???!!!
  • 1 gallon of Skim milk=2.39/1
  • 1 3lb. bag of gala apples=1.19
  • 1 Pineapple=1.99/1
  • 1 16 oz. tub of sour cream=.89/1
  • 4 pears=.99/1
  • 1 cucumber=.59/1
  • 1 cream of celery soup=.59/1
  • 1 big bag of white rice=1.49/1
  • 1 dozen large eggs=.78/1
  • 1 bag of pepperoni=1.99/1
  • 1 bag of tortilla chips=.99/1
Total after tax=15.06

So all together for the week I only spent $30.39. Less than I budget but it allows me to spend more in the coming weeks if I need to. Right now my budget says I have 53.54 to last until the end of the month... considering there is only 1 week left for me to shop for I think I can make it:)

Every week I make sure we have a few different options for fruit and veggies. As you can see our fruit options this week are apples, (apple sauce that I will make from apples), fresh pineapple, pears, strawberries and bananas. We usually eat fruit with breakfast and lunch and every now and then with dinner. For veggies we have cucumber, red peppers, carrots, left over broccoli from last week's purchase and celery from last week as well. The fresh veggies are usually served with lunch and then we eat frozen or canned veggies with dinner.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I'm a creamer addict too. I always get it at Target ($2.69 each). Do you guys have Supertarget there?

Shannon said...

We don't:( I wish Topeka would get one though!

I love keeping up with you by the way!... way to redeem yourself last night with the broccoli:) I saw your status on facebook.