Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekly Menu Plan

Here is the menu plan for the week.  I had planned fajitas last week but we ended up with so many leftovers that we just had a left over night instead, so fajitas got moved to this week.  My posts for breakfast and lunch will be about the same every week since we tend to cycle through the same meals for those times.  Be sure to go here for other menu/recipe ideas

Breakfast: Unfortunately in this house there are not many options.  
Frozen pancakes (made from scratch and then frozen) and fruit (whatever I bought for the wee
Oatmeal with fruit
Cold cereal (if you coupon long enough you will never run out of cereal!)

Lunch:
Leftovers
Meat and cheese sandwhich 
Grilled cheese sandwhich
PB & J sandwhich
All lunches are usually served with raw veggies (whatever was on sale for the week), fruit, and crackers/chips (again whatever is on sale/in the house)

Dinner:
Sunday:  dinner with my parents
Monday: Fajitas/chips and salsa/corn  and some fresh pineapple  (recipe for fajitas is from a book called The Schwarzbein Principle)
Tuesday:  Cheeseburger Pie/steamed broccoli/bread  (go here for the cheeseburger pie recipe)
Wednesday: Mexican casserole/green beans/bread  (I got this from an e-book that I received when I signed up to take Crystal's super market savings course)
Thursday: Salsa Chicken with rice/bread/fruit (this recipe is from nestle good start, you can find it here)
Friday:  Pepperoni pizza/raw veggies  (I kind of made this up... the crust recipe is from Crystal, again you can get it when you purchase her super market savings course)
Saturday:  No meal planned... I do always have something on hand for a quick meal

Be sure to go here if you would like to see what I was able to buy during my weekly grocery trip- I saved 75%!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Your menu looks great. I like how you just have several choices for lunches and then veggies, chips and crackers to go with it. I hav emy boys during the summer and it is hard adding breakfast and lunches to my menu, but your menu gave me some great ideas, thanks.

Nic said...

Looks like quite a Mexican flavoured menu plan this week. Makes me wish I had planned some Mexican myslef!

If you drop by to check out my menu plan, be sure to also check out my free e-book on Making Family Life Simple and Fun.

Mandi said...

Yummy menu! I love cheeseburger pie, it's so good. Have a great week!

Kahle said...

Hey Shannon Have you ever used anything besides bisquik in the cheeseburger pie, I got hungry for that when I saw it and thought I would grab some at the store today but they were out! So I was wondering could you use any kind of pancake mix or have you ever tried that? Thanks!

Shannon said...

Yes, Kahle you can use any kind of pancake/baking mix. I have before and it turns out great!

The Estrogen Files said...

Looks like a yummy week. I'm trolling for ideas...