Friday, June 6, 2008

Weekly Shopping Trip

Again this week I found that I was well stocked for meals and did not need much, so I splurged and bought our favorite Bronco Bob's raspberry chipolte sauce at 6.55 a bottle!  That is the most un-frugal purchase I have made at the grocery store in quite a while, but from all the money I have been saving my budget allowed it!   I also got a few ice cream treats too!  Here is what I got this week and I saved 75%!:

note: MS means manager special which is anything that might expire soon, or there is an overstock of.
  • Kroger peanut butter-.88
  • Dillon's eggs-.99
  • Coffee mate creamer-.99
  • Kroger Pizza sauce-1.00
  • Bronco bob's sauce-6.55
  • 16 ct pack of Frigo string cheese-3.49-1/1 coupon-2.49
  • Kroger vanilla ice cream-1.39
  • 1 gallon of milk-2.79
  • 2 lbs. of bananas- .83
  • Delmonte fresh pineapple on MS for .99/tub (usually run 3.99 or more)
  • Strawberries on MS for .99/tub (usually run 2.99 or more)
  • Kroger grape tomatoes on MS for .99/tub (usually run 2.99 or more)
  • 1 tub of blackberries on MS-.49 (usually run 2.99 or more)
  • 1 tub of raspberries on MS-.49 (usually run 2.99 or more)
  • Kroger celery on MS-.79/bunch (usually run 1.50 or more)
  • Kroger whole carrots -.39/bunch (usually run .99 or more)
  • Kroger 6 ct. ice cream sandwiches-.99
  • 2 1b. packages of Kroger real butter sticks at 1.98/1=3.96
  • 2 lb. packages of Blue Bonnet margarine sticks at .69/1 =1.38
I also used a 1.50 off a 7$ dairy purchase coupon that I recieved from Dillon's in the mail.  My total came to around $30.  My total savings as noted on my reciept from store sales and coupons was $9.30- 24%.  Now if you calculate how much I saved by buying produce on manager special (not calculated on receipt) I actually saved around 75%!

I also ran by Aldi and picked up these items
2 bags of tortilla chips-.99/1=1.98
2 limes.39/1=.78
1 bag of brown sugar=.99
1 bag of long grain rice=1.38
1 pouch of pepperonis=1.99
My total came to around $8.00

So far this week I have spent $38.00 ($2 under my budget!)

I don't plan to go to Hy-Vee but if I am in that neck of the woods I might just pick up some red bell peppers at .88/1! 

For other great shopping trips this week be sure to check out them out here
as Crystal hosts Super Savings Saturday.

Also if anybody has a great recipe that includes blackberries or raspberries would you post it? I have no idea what to do with the ones I bought, but I knew they were too good of a deal to pass up!

3 comments:

Everyday Realities said...

Shannon, I'd put the berries in a smoothie. I like OJ w/ yogurt and berries.

Shannon said...

thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought of that!

valley view farm said...

or, rinse off the berries, lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen store in ziplock baggie. They will be perfect for future use in muffins, pies and even smoothies!