Friday, June 13, 2008

Weekly Trip

I only shopped at Dillon's this week.  It is the closest to my house and I was able to get most of what I needed.  When I do my weekly CVS run I may stop by our Hy-Vee for a few good deals I spotted.  Be sure to check out all Dillon's deals for the week here and go here for other great shopping trips posted by others at Money Saving Mom. Also don't forget to check out the coupons.com top and side bar widgets for any printable coupons you may need for the week!

Note: MS means Manager Special.  This is for items that are possibly close to expiration.
  • 2 1/2 gallons of Dillon's milk on MS for .50/1=1.00 for both (usually run 1.70 and up)
  • 1 gallon of Dillon's milk-2.79
  • 4 Right Guard deodorants at 1.00/1= 4.00- 4 1/1 coupons = FREE
  • 1 bag of organic russet potatoes on MS for .89 (usually run 2.50 and up)
  • 2 bags of Kroger shredded cheese=3.16
  • 1 bar of Kroger cheese=1.58
  • 1 Yoplait kid's yogurt- 2.50- .40/1 shortcuts.com coupon and -.35/1 mf coupon doubled to .70/1 =1.10!
  • 1 pack of Johnsonville brats on MS for 1.49-.55/1 coupon doubled to 1/1=.49 (usually 2.50 and up)
  • 2 loaves of Dillon's cracked wheat bread on MS for .59/1=1.18 for 2 loaves of bread! (usually run 1.60 and up per loaf)
  • 1.32 lb. of bananas=.74
  • Dillon's dozen large eggs -1.48
  • 1 Jiffy corn muffin mix -.39
  • 2 packs of Dillon's buns (hot dog and hamburger)=1.96
  • Kroger pack of salad magic ranch-.60
  • 1 pack of sirloin steak (we are splurging for Father's day)-4.96
  • 1 tub of Betty Crocker frosting- 1.68
  • 1 box of Pillsbury cake mix- 1.00
  • 2 lb box of fresh strawberries on MS for .99 (usually 5.00 and up)
  • 2 bags of fuji apples on MS for .99/bag -1.98 (usually 3.99 and up)
  • 1 bag of Kroger Celery on MS for .99 (usually 1.70 and up)
  • 1 head of cauliflower on MS for .99 (usually 1.60 and up)
  • 1 bag of Kroger carrots on MS for .99 (usually 1.50 and up)
My total was 33.98 and total savings on my receipt (between store coupons, mf coupons, and doubled coupons) was 18.61.  Total savings for buying items on MS was roughly $20. Altogether I saved almost $40!  Percentage wise it works out to be around 75%!  

4 comments:

Cara said...

Are you aware of the day or time when they mark down groceries? It seems like you always find good markdowns.

Just curious.

I live by the Dillons on 21st Street and I do find mark downs there, but not like yours. Are there better times to go than others?

Thanks.

Cara

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Found you at MoneySavingMom.

Congrats on your fabulous grocery deals! :)

Shannon said...

Cara- I know that all stores differ as to when they mark things down. I can go in at 9p.m. and find mark downs and same thing at 9 a.m. I do typically shop in the morning, but I can honestly say I haven't found the best time or day... it seems to vary...

Cara said...

Dillons has Rice Krispies w/strawberries on sale for $2.77 a box. You can get two coupons here for $1 off. http://www.ricekrispies.com/specialoffers.aspx
The best part of the deal is there is a peelie on the box for a full rebate. Limit two requests per name, address or household.