Sunday, October 5, 2008

Walgreens for Oct. 5

I took my $3 in RR I ended up with last week and continued to "roll" them for an overage of $8! Below are my transactions!

Transaction #1:
2 Listerine Smart Rinses=$9
2 Glade Wisp Flameless candles=11.98
Total before coupons=20.98
- $3 RR from last week
-$5 Listerine coupon (I got this a few months ago by mail by request)
-.50/1 Listerine coupon
- BIGI Glade wisp coupon (-5.99)
-$5/1 Glade wisp candle coupon
=1.49 + tax, and I got back $4.50 in RR for Listerine and a $3 RR for the glade!

Transaction #2
2 Glade Flameless candles=11.98
-BIGI Glade wisp coupon (-5.99)
- 5/1 Glade wisp coupon
=.99+ tax, and I got back $3 in RR!

Transaction #3
3 Glade candles=5.97
2 Glade scented candle refils=3.98
=9.95
- $4.50 RR from Listerine deal in Transaction #1
-3 1/1 Glade candle coupons
-1 BIGI scented candle refil coupon (-1.99)
=.46+ tax, and I can turn in $5 in rebates for #28 in the ES catalog!

So before tax my total was 2.94, I have $6 in RR left and a $5 rebate to turn in! I made an overage of $8 today!

Note:
It is a common understanding with Walgreens that you cannot have more coupons than items you are buying. I have found time and time again that I do not have this problem if I present my coupons in this order: RR's first, then MF coupons, and finally Walgreens specific coupons such as ES or in-ad coupons. You must hand then to the cashier in this order! This works for me, but it may not work for all. Let us know if it works for you and where you shop!

9 comments:

Special Deals said...

I appreciate your post.. I went lastnight and bought my Glade wisp candle with my $5 off coupons and I didn't get the $3 RR. I didn't end up complaining cause I paid .99 and their was people waiting behind me.. So. I guess I could always return it and rebuy it and see what happens. But I am glad to see you got yours.. I have heard people not getting theirs cause coupons but I have never had this problem before last night and maybe it didn't print cause the RR was effected until today but I bought the toothbrush last saturday night and it printed. sorry for the blabble. thanks

Special Deals said...

I appreciate your post.. I went lastnight and bought my Glade wisp candle with my $5 off coupons and I didn't get the $3 RR. I didn't end up complaining cause I paid .99 and their was people waiting behind me.. So. I guess I could always return it and rebuy it and see what happens. But I am glad to see you got yours.. I have heard people not getting theirs cause coupons but I have never had this problem before last night and maybe it didn't print cause the RR was effected until today but I bought the toothbrush last saturday night and it printed. sorry for the blabble. thanks

Shannon said...

I have heard that some Walgreen's computers will spit out RRs for the next weeks deals, but as a rule always wait until Sunday. I am glad you were still able to get a good deal!

Special Deals said...

you know what now that I think of it.. I think it didn't print because I paid with the RR from my Gillette and probably cause it was the same manf coupon....

Special Deals said...

you know what now that I think of it.. I think it didn't print because I paid with the RR from my Gillette and probably cause it was the same manf coupon....

blaireruch said...

Pert Plus is on sale for $3.49 all month. There is a $2.50 easy saver coupon in the October booklet, which makes it .99. Use $1 or $1.50 man. coupons to get overage of .01-.51! I got 5 and the easy saver coupon took off $12.50.

Coffeemate $1.5 - $1.00 coupon from www.moneysavingmom.com = .50!

I maxed out my limit 10 for the Glade rebate! My house is going to be smelling GREAT!

:)

Blaire

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Great job on the deals!
See more here http://blog.handmadebycole.com/2008/10/walgreens-105-1011.html

Nichole

Shannon said...

Blaire- you rock:)

Cara said...

Walgreens at 21st and Fairlawn has a shopping cart full of bags of candy marked down to 25¢. You can see what I got here: http://simplycara.com/?p=322

Also, my Mom tried the Glade wisp candle too and did not get the RR. Wonder what's up with that?

Thanks for all your shopping helps!