Thursday, October 2, 2008

Walgreens: Rolling RRs

After I received my 7 RRs from the second Tylenol Deal I did I decided to "roll" them or in other words I bought other items that gave me RR's in return. I had a $5 RR and a $2 RR to use.

Here is what I did with my RRs:

Transaction #1:
1 Gillette Fusion Phenom razor system (this one came with shave cream and body wash!)=8.99
-$2 RR from Tylenol deal
-4/1 MF coupon
Total=2.99 + tax, and I got back a $4 RR!

Transaction #2:
3 Softsoap body washes at 3.49/1=10.47
- $5 RR from Tylenol deal
-2 1/1 MF coupons
-3 1/1 ES coupons
Total=.47 cents + tax, and I got back a $5 RR!

Transaction #3:
1 Jumbo pack of Huggies diapers=9.99
1 232 ct. pack of Huggies wipes=5.99
=15.98
- $4 RR from Transaction #1
- $ 5 RR from Transaction #2
- 1.50/1 MF coupon
-1/1 any Huggies item MF coupon (recieve in the mail)
=4.48 + tax, and I got back a $3 RR!

You can see my other transactions for the week here and here. I think I will make this my last trip!

So for the week I bought $90.23 worth of merchandise and only spent 25.23 on my gift card and I still have $3 in RR to spend, plus I will get back a $5 rebate for the gillette shampoo I bought. So when you deduct my $3 RR and my $5 rebate, I have only spent $17.23 for $90 worth of stuff! That is over 80% in Savings!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is awesome! I have a question for you, though. Let's use the softsoap scenario. You used more coupons than you had items. Is that one of those YMMV things?

I have to always be sure to have at least as many items as I do coupons, or the deal doesn't work. I am always having to find cheap fillers to throw in. This is the case at both of the Walgreens that I shop.

Shannon said...

The way I have learned to "trick" the computer is to hand the cashier any RRs I am using first, then my MF coupons and then Walgreens ES coupons... This may not work for every market, but it works at my store. Hope that helps!

Lisa said...

So that's how you do it! I will give that a try and let you know what happens. I love the deals you can get at Walgreens, but I sometimes end up with one hellacious headache trying to figure the best scenarios, counting number of items vs coupons, etc... LOL

Thanks for info! I love your blog, btw. It is so nice to have someone in this region posting their deals!