Monday, September 29, 2008

Walgreens Trip

I have to say a HUGE THANKS to my two friends who alerted me to these awesome deals... you know who you are:) Below are my transactions

#1
Buy 3 Children's Tylenol 4 oz.=$15
-3/3 from recent insert
- 1.50/1 ES coupon =-4.50
Total=7.50 + tax, and I got back $7 in RR. This deal is only supposed to print out $5 in RR, but there is a glitch and it is printing a seperate $2 RR also!

#2
Buy 2 Gillete Shampoos=$10
Buy 1 Oral B toothbrush=4.49
Use 2 2/1 Gillette coupons from Oct. P&G (-4)
Use 1 .75/1 Oral B coupon from Oct. P&G (-.75)
Use $7 in RR from previous transaction
Total=2.74 + tax, and I got back $4.50 on RR for the Oral B and I can turn in the gillete for a $5 ES rebate for October!

After tax I spent a total of 12.41 OOP, and I got back 11.50 in RR and I will get a $5 rebate back... total overage= $4.09! You can stop here if you want or see below for what else I did.

#3
1 Oral B tooth brush=4.49
-.75/1

Total after tax=4.07, and I got back $4.50 in RR, overage of .43 cents!

#4
1 Bleach=1.59
1 3 pack of paper towels=2.49
1 25 ct. pack of quart size bagies=1.79
-4.50 RR
Total=1.81


So for today I spent a total of 18.29 OOP, got back $16 in RR, and a $5 rebate for October. I still came out ahead by $2.71!

7 comments:

coopncamsmama said...

Did you use the Tylenol infant cp that is 3/3? My children's tylenol is 2/2.

Shannon said...

I didn't even look to be honest. It just said 3/3 and I thought it had a pic of children's tylenol on there. There were 2 3/3 coupons. Are they the same by chance or different? FYI the infant drops are not working as a part of this deal. Sorry for the confusion!

Melanie said...

The $3/3 Tylenol coupon is in the 9/14 Smart Source insert. It has pictures of other J&J products on the top of the coupon and pics of Tylenol under those. Happy Shopping! I got $7 RRs.

coopncamsmama said...

You're right. There is a 3/3 children's tylenol and a 2/2. I just didn't dig far enough:)

Melissa G said...

you'll need a filler for transaction #2...you can not use more coupons per transaction than items purchased...including RR.

Shannon said...

Melissa- I actually already did these deals and it worked out... now that you mention it I remember this not always being the case, but this time it worked. In all my time shopping at Walgreens the computers never cease to amaze me in the way they accept/do not accept coupons:)

coopncamsmama said...

I needed a filler on transaction #2 but luckily I needed vitamins so I had more items in my cart:) Thanks for getting my Walgreens trip lined out for me!