Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thrifty Thursday: How much should you spend?

For Thrifty Thursday I thought I would answer a question I get a lot.

"How much money should I spend on groceries?"

A while back my husband and I got involved with Crown Financial Ministries. Through this ministry we discovered they have a GREAT percentage guideline on how much of your income should go where in your budget (aka: spending plan). You can plug in your yearly income, tithe (if you do this) and your taxes and it gives you a percentage breakdown! This has been so helpful for us as we seek to be as wise as we can with our financial resources.

This break down is not perfect and is not the answer to all your money questions. It does, however, give a good guideline.

While I do think having a spending plan is wise, this is just a simple suggestion to help you see if you are over spending on groceries or not. If you are then you know some cuts need to be made and what place to start than with coupons and wise shopping habits!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: