Thursday, September 18, 2008

CHEAP Meal!

Tonight as we ate our delicious meal of Pigs in a blanket accompanied by mac and cheese and pears I realized how cheap this meal really was!  Here is the price break down:
  • Hot Dogs- bought on sale for .59/package at Hy-Vee a few weeks ago
  • Crescent Rolls=.59/tube at Dillons last week
  • Mac and Cheese=FREE from a previous Walgreens deal!
  • Pears= bought on sale for .99/lb. a little over a week ago at Hy-Vee.  We actually just split one between the 3 of us.  So we will say this was .40 for the one pear.
Total for the WHOLE meal=1.58!!!  Folks a tube of crescent rolls usually costs this much if not more!  This meal feeds 4.  We feed our 3 mouths and then have some left over the hubby's lunch. Cost per serving=.40!

I don't know if it gets much better than that... 

2 comments:

The Bellands said...

Hi Shannon. I love it that pigs in a blanket aren't a staple at just our house! Oh, and I love it that you use paper plates too. Talk about practical! (But not environmentally friendly, I know. But until I have a dishwasher...) It looks like you're a girl after my own heart. =)

blaireruch said...

We had pigs in a blanket tonight!!!! Yum!