Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Money Saving Tip: Look at Your Receipt!

If you want to be sure you save the most money on your grocery bill, then look at your receipt! I can't tell you how many times I have been charged wrong for something. Usually it is a $1 or less, but this past week I was over charged by more than $7.00 in 1 transaction. I didn't catch it until I got home. I did go back and they graciously refunded me my money.

I want to encourage you to practice these 3 habits!
  • Always make sure you are charged the correct price!
  • Always make sure you receive the coupon value due!
  • Always check your receipt BEFORE you leave the store!
Getting in the habit of practicing these 3 things will definitely save you money!

1 comment:

blaireruch said...

I always check my receipt as well, but I do it at home. That way, I don't have to worry about kids getting antsy or groceries melting. I only shop once a week, so sometime during the week I review the receipt and circle anything that was incorrect. Sometimes I add a post-it note with items/amounts if there are a few things. Then I stick it in my Dillons envelope or Hy-Vee envelope for next week's shopping trip. Then I hit customer service first thing, before adding items to the cart.
I have never had a problem with customer service refunding me the proper amount this way. I don't even need to bring in the flyer.
At Dillons, you get the item free if it rings up wrong. If you buy multiples of it, you only get one free, and the additional like items will be corrected to the right price.

:)

Blaire