Monday, March 15, 2010

Whole Chicken Recipes?

Did you pick up a whole chicken for only .59/lb. at Hy-Vee this past weekend?! That was quite a deal! In my Red Hot Weekend Sale post I asked you to share a favorite recipe. The recipes that were suggested are below:

Butterflied Chicken with Lemon and Rosmary


Simple Whole Roasted Chicken

Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot

Beer Can Chicken


A reader wrote this is what she does:
"I rinse the chicken, cut any extra fat off, rinse the inside REALLY good, season with salt and pepper ONLY and then put the lid on the dutch oven and bake at 350-375 until the leg pulls off the chicken. I think it's about an hour and 15 minutes. Also, put 1 cup of water in the the dutch oven to keep the chicken from drying out. If you need chicken broth, you'll have some when the chicken is done cooking"

I hope you find one of these yummy!

No comments: