Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Eat from the Pantry

Well after reading this post here about eating from the pantry I figured I could probably try to do it just for 1 week:) A month long sounds to ambitious for me so I will start small. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had all that I needed on hand for these meals. I have also been doing some baking and freezing and have plenty of breakfast items stocked up (cereal, pancakes and muffins). Lunch is just usually sandwiches or leftovers which I have all the ingredients I need for that too.

Since I had most of what I needed on hand for this week I only needed a few fresh fruit and veggie items to get us through. I am glad to see that all my hard work stocking up on good deals has paid off this week!

Saturday: Dinner with my parents
Sunday:
Left overs from dinner with my parents!
Monday: Pulled Pork sandwiches, oven fries, green beans
Tuesday: Salsa chicken over rice, corn, and bread
Wednesday: Meat loaf, sweet potatoes and steamed carrots
Thursday: Left over night! (if we don't have enough then it is breakfast for dinner:)
Friday: Pizza as usual!

A reader wrote in to ask for my pizza crust recipe and it dawned on me that I never actually posted it, instead I posted a link to it and that link is no longer working. So come back tomorrow and I will have my pizza crust recipe posted:)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Considering I had basically no pantry items or meat in the freezer I knew I wasn't able to really participate in the month long eat from the pantry challenge, BUT it has challenged me to really look around and see what I could make out of some of the leftovers I normally would have just thrown away. I grilled some chicken breasts for dinner the other night and had one half of a leftover breast. Normally that would have gone in the trash or to the cats, but I decided to make BBQ chicken pizza and it turned out great. And it probably saved me a good $15 that I would have spent at the grocery store buying last minute meal ingredients. Thanks for all your help and inspiration Shan!