Salsa Chicken: Serves 4
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (bag of white=.99/1 at Aldi) 2 cups=.35 cents ish:)
- 1 tbsp veggie oil=.15 cents maybe?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into strips or cubes (3lb. bag of frozen breasts =5.99/1) 1 lb.=1.99
- 1 medium onion chopped (I buy these in bulk bags of 6 for 1.70 at Aldi)=.30
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped (if you wait long enough you can get these for $1 or less when they go on sale at Aldi or Hy-vee)=$1 or less
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa (I use Aldi off brand can of rotel)=.49/1
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese (I never pay more than 1.70 for a 2 cup bag)=.43 cents
This whole meal costs around $4.75 to make or only $1.18 a serving!