Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pizza Crust!

Here is the crust recipe I use to make my pizza! You can see a price breakdown of other ingredients that goes with this HERE!
  • 1 pkg. of yeast
  • 1 cup warm water (120-130 degrees) I pretty much let my tap run until it is really hot and that seems to work:)
  • 2 tbsp. of oil ( I use vegetable or canola)
  • 1 tsp. of sugar
  • 1 tsp. of salt
  • 2-2 1/2 cups of flour
Dissolve yeast in water and then combine with all other ingredients minus flour. Add flour until you can kneed the dough with your hands. Kneed for about 2 minutes until it is smooth (it might be a little sticky) then let it rest for 5 or so minutes and then roll it out ( I use a pizza stone) and make your pizza! Cook at 450 for about 10-12 minutes. For some extra flair I melt 1 tbsp of butter and combine with 1 tsp. of garlic powder and then baste this on the crust when the pizza is finished... YUM!

No comments: