Monday, November 2, 2009

Scalloped Ham and Potato Price Break Down:

I picked this recipe up a long time ago from this blog here Please sure to visit that site to get the full recipe. I am just going to post the ingredients and price breakdown. The best part is that this recipe is done in the crock pot... SO EASY!

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham: Serves 6
  • 3 lbs potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced (Use .99 5lb. bag from Hy-Vee this week and this can cost as low as .60!)
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Used a 2 cup bag that I picked up for.99 at Hy-Vee during 6 hour sale)
  • 2 cups chopped cooked ham (Used from a boneless Farmland Ham I picked up for .99/lb. It was 6 lb. ham and 2 cups is about 1 lb.=1.99
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup (these are .59/1 at Aldi)= $1.18
  • 1/2 cup milk= maybe .20?
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder=pennies
Altogether this meal cost me about $5 to make or only .84 a serving!!! It was so good too!

No comments: