Monday, October 26, 2009

What I bought for the week Oct. 26th edition

I have shopped both Dillons and Aldi for the week and if I can I plan to make it over to Hy-Vee when I got to CVS either Monday or Tuesday. Here is what I have gotten so far:

Dillons:
  • 4 boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars=$10.00
  • 4 bags of Nature Valley Nut Clusters=$10.00
  • 1/2 Gallon Dillons chocolate milk=$1 (when I have extra I get little treats like this sometimes)
  • 1 Gallon Roberts Milk =$2.99 (I used a .50/1 coupon on this to get it for only $1.99... cheapest you will find!)
  • 1 dozen Dillons large eggs=.88
  • 2 bags of Kroger brand fritos at 1.35/1=$2.70 (I got these really cheap after coupons and will save them for a meal I plan to make in a few weeks)
  • 2 3 lb. bags of Kroger frozen chicken breasts on sale 4.98/1 (3-day sale)=9.96 (had 2 1.25/1 coupons so I got these for only 3.74/bag and am stocked for at least a month on chicken!)
  • 1 Kroger value bread=.78/1
  • 2 Duncan Hines cake mixes=$2.00
  • 1 jar pizza sauce=1.29/1
  • 1.75lb. green cabbage=1.12 (way cheaper to cut it yourself than buying it in a bag I discovered)
  • 2 Roma tomatoes=.40
  • 2 International Delight creamers at 1.99/=3.98 (I usually pay this for big coffee mates after coupon or Aldi off brand so I decided to stock up since I had extra room in the budget)
  • 1 Kashi Sunshine cereal=3.99/1 ( had coupon to get this FREE!)
  • 1 Kroger bagged salad=.99/1
  • 1 bag Kroger tortilla chips=1
Total before coupons=$53.08
  • -$4 off total for buying 4 NV granola bars
  • -$4 off total for buying 4 NV clusters
  • - 4 .40/1 NV granola bars coupons=-$3.20
  • -.40/1 shortcuts NV gbs coupon
  • -4 $1/1 NV nut clusters coupons=$4.00
  • -$1/1 shortcuts and cellfire NV nut clusters coupon=-$2
  • - 2 1.25/1 Kroger chicken coupons (from mailers)=-$2.50
  • -.75/ Kroger brand fritos coupon
  • -.65/1 shortcuts coupon for Kroger brand fritos
  • - FREE Kashi sunshine cereal coupon=-$3.99
  • -50/1 Roberts milk coupon
  • -.55/2 Duncan Hines coupon
New Total=$28.00 including tax

Aldi: (went on Saturday for the grapes and Pineapple deals to have for this week!)
  • Red Grapes 2lb. tub=1.58/1
  • Vinegar=.79/1
  • Bag of baby carrots=.99/1
  • 16 oz. sour cream=.89/1
  • 12 ct Taco shells=.99/1
  • 2 Cream of Mush soups=1.18
  • 1 Cream of chick soup=.59
  • 1 fresh Pineapple=1.99/1
Total=9.72

I will hit Hy-Vee as well for a few produce items (broccoli, lettuce, ground beef, pears and a few others)

This week for breakfast we will have cereal, homeade banana muffins, pancakes, eggs and all breakfast is served with fruit. Lunch is usually leftovers or sandwiches. We are having tacos one day for lunch since friends will be in town. You can access my dinner menu plan here.

Our fresh fruit options for the week are apples, pears, pineapple and grapes. For veggies there is celery that is leftover from last week, baby carrots and broccoli.

2 comments:

8yearsapart said...

Where did you get the Dillons frozen bagged chicken coupons? I get the coupons mailed from Dillons, but didn't get any for that chicken? Wow!

Shannon said...

My grandparents gave me one that was mailed to them and I then I cut one out of the most recent mailer... I think it was the tailgating one.