Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Starting Tomorrow!

One of my favorite events of the summer is starting tomorrow at the Topeka library, May 27th. It is the Summer Reading Fest! I love this program because kids of ALL AGES can participate... yes even your newborn or young one that cannot read on their own yet.

Tomorrow from 9a.m.-11a.m. or from 1p.m.-3p.m. you can take your children to the auditorium of the Library to participate in crafts and activities to help "kick off" this event! You will also get your reading log so you can starting keeping track of how much you read to your child or how much your child reads on their own this summer!

I of course love this program because it promotes reading, but also because there are COUPONS INVOLVED!!! The way this worked last year is that for every 4 hours of reading completed you could take your reading log in, have it stamped and then be rewarded for the hard work with coupons! Some of those coupons were:
  • Free Kids meal to Carlos O'Kelly's
  • Free Kids meal to Applebees
  • Free Kids meal to CiCi pizza
  • Free kids ice cream at Cold Stone
  • Free ice cream cone from McDonalds
  • Free Pretzel to Aunt Annies in the mall
  • Free Chick- Fil-A kids meal
I know there were more but those were the ones I could remember off the top of my head:) I am sure the coupons will be different this year and the anticipation is killing me!

Happy reading!

No comments: