Friday, May 29, 2009

Hy-Vee coupon policy

It has come to my attention from several of my readers that Hy-Vee now has a new coupon policy. I know many of you have also had issues in the store using internet printable coupons so I want to give you some info about this.

Kerri over at Southeast Iowa Deals did a great post about the new Hy-Vee coupon policy. You can read it here! Be sure you go their so you can read the entire policy for yourself.

Here are just a few highlights to be a ware of from the announcement Hy-Vee made regarding their coupon policy on 5/14 regarding internet printables:
  • Manufacturer coupons that involve any kind of free product will not be accepted, including “buy one, get one free” offers.
  • No coupon that exceeds $2.50 will be accepted.
Take note also on any coupon:
  • Coupons that exceed the price of the item will not be accepted. (I assume this goes for .99 items that you $1/1 coupons for.)
Now 1 reader was told by both cashier and store manager that she could not use more than 1 internet printable per transaction. From looking over their announcement this is inaccurate information since Hy-Vee states that the will accept 1 MF coupon PER ITEM!

My recommendation is to follow the guidelines in their announcement but keep a copy of the coupon policy with you as you will certainly experience more difficulties using coupons at Hy-Vee... bummer!

Stay tuned as I will post again on how you can kindly voice your concerns about this to Hy-Vee. For now understand that this is not a store management decision but a corporate one so there is nothing the management in Topeka can do.

4 comments:

Rebecca Mom of 3 said...

I know this is a hyvee post, but I wasn't sure where else to post :)
Our Walmart is no longer accepting printable coupons w/o manager approval! It is SUCH a pain!!! (and even though I had legit coupons, the mgr was questioning me and telling me that she thought I copied them, and it was in color!!!)

flemishe said...

"Coupon values that exceed the price of the item will not be accepted."

I took this to mean they would not give you overage since it says "coupon values", but that they could adjust down. Maybe this needs more clarification?

Anonymous said...

My two local managers (we have a HV Food and a HV Drug) both say they think the policy is intended to mean that they will adjust q's down to match item price. No more overage, but at my stores we will still be able to use a $1 q on a 99cent item.

Shannon said...

Thanks Kerri!

Sheri I think are you right then for our store that they will hopefully at least adjust it down.