Being the frugal shopper I am I had never once considered stepping foot into a Gymboree store knowing that I would never be able to pay their prices. After some coaxing from a few good friends I braved that store today and would you believe I saved 85%!!!!
If you remember this past week I posted about how it is Gym bucks earning time and that this weekend only you could use a 30% off coupon as well! I was so excited to see 50% off racks just for boys when I walked in and quickly began finding winter clothing items I knew I would eventually need for the little boy I am having in June.
Although the I items I found were a GREAT price I just couldn't handle the thought of spending $50 up front to get my $25 back in Gym bucks. I knew deep down the clothing I would be purchasing was quality and the prices were too good to be true, but my extreme frugality took over. I even put my stuff back and walked to my car because I just didn't think I could do it!
So I did what any woman does and I called a friend, I was in need of a serious pep talk! After this great pep talk I dragged my 36 week pregnant body back into the mall to take a "step of faith" and just purchase the clothes! Boy was I glad I did. Here is a break down of what I got:
- 2 sweaters originally marked 32.50 on sale for 3.99 each=7.98
- 1 sweater originally marked at 19.50 on sale for 6.99
- 1 long sleeveld button down originally marked at 24.75 on sale for 7.99
- 1 long sleeved collared shirt originally marked at 22.75 on sale for 3.99
- 1 pair of overalls originally marked at 29.50 on sale for 3.99
- 1 pair of overalls originally makred at 29.75 on sale for 6.99
- 2 long sleeved 1 piece outfits both marked at 24.75 on sale for 7.99 each=15.98
- 1 romper oringally marked at 29.75 on sale for 8.99
- 2 sets of 2 pairs of socks originally marked 8.75/1 on sale for 2.99 each=5.98
- 1 summer hat (for next summer) orginally marked 12.50 on sale for 2.50
I also used a 30% off coupon to bring my final total to ONLY $51.30 + tax and I got $25 in Gymbucks back to spend in July on a $50 purchase! The extreme frugality in me can definately handle 85% savings! The prices I paid are prices I have seen on USED Gymboree clothing at garage sales... can you tell I am proud of myself:)
In conclusion, I would say that the savings I had at Gymboree today will likely be my big savings for the week considering Walgreens and CVS don't have as much as usual.