Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cheeseburger Rolls: price break down

The recipe for this can be found here. Below is a price break down of the ingredients:

Cheeseburger Rolls: Makes 6
  • 1 Batch of Ninety Minute dough= $1 (based on the ingredients this is my guesstimate)
  • 1/4 lb. hamburger (I use 1/2 pound) I never pay more than 1.99/lb. for ground beef=$1 for 1/2 pound
  • 1/2 tsp onion sald=pennies
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt=pennies
  • salt and pepper to taste=pennies
  • 1 c. shredded cheese (your choice) I never pay more than 1.78 for a 2 cup bag=.89
Total for this meal=2.89 or .48/roll. I always double this recipe and freeze what we don't eat. It makes for a great quick meal later on!

1 comment:

Cara said...

I have made these before, they are really good. Try them with leftover chili sometime, they are delicious. :0)