Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Weekly Trip-Aug.30th

I didn't need much since we were sick this week. We ended up eating a lot of toast and chicken noodle soup. Thank goodness I have a big stockpile soup! I have only gone to Dillon's so far, but the outcome was favorable!

Dillons:
  • 4lbs. of ground beef=8.00-2/7 meat purchase coupon=6.00 for 4 lbs. of meat!
  • 6 cans of Kroger kidney beans=2.40 (stocking up to make soups and chili!)
  • 2 bags of Kroger shredded cheese=3.54-.45/1 cheese coupon=3.09 for both bags
  • 2 bags of Kroger tortilla chips= 2.00
  • 1 bag of clementines on MS for .99!
  • 1 bag of golden apples on MS for .99!
  • 1 Oscar Meyer lunch meat=3.00-1/1 =2.00
  • 1 gal. of Dillons milk=2.99
  • 1 FMV wheat bread on MS for .49
  • 1 Dillons cracked wheat bread on MS for .69
  • 2 jalapenos=.24
  • 2 lb.s of red tape bananas=.77
Total after tax and coupons was 19.16. My receipt says I saved 44%! I do plan to make an Aldi run for a few veggies and other misc items and I will go to Hy-Vee to stock up on soups... they are having an awesome sale! Make sure to check here for other great shopping trips!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Shan everytime I read your blog I am jealous that I don't have Dillons anymore. Seriously, I was almost in tears when I found out the store was closing. I wanted to chain myself to the door, saying "NO! DON"T TAKE AWAY MY AMAZING MILK SALES AND DOUBLE COUPONS!" Ok so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. Hy-vee was pretty amazing yesterday. I am not a huge fan of chicken quarters (they look so gross in the package), but I found a chicken and noodles recipe that sounded pretty good. Talk to you later!