Friday, January 22, 2010

Now is the TIME!

Since I have become a bargain shopper in the food area I have also learned how to bargain shop in the clothing area also! Most of you probably know that shopping at the end of the season will get you HUGE discounts.

I have not bought a new coat in 6 years. The zipper on my current coat has been waiting to bust any minute and I knew this would be the year I would have to break down and buy a new one. I just didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for one! At one point in December the brown coat pictured below went as low as $20 at GAP but I just didn't even want to pay $20... I knew I could do better if I waited. Sure enough I DID DO BETTER! This past weekend GAP had 30% off clearance and this coat was on clearance!!!! After the discount I paid only $14 for this coat! The other coat was my bonus buy at Old Navy. They were having a 50% off clearance sale and this black coat was on clearance for $23.99 which means I got it for only $11.99! Actually I got for $9.50 after my $5/$25 discount was applied since I bought a few other items as well:)

I also shop in the off season for my boys. Since I know that Levi will someday be wearing what Seth is wears now I opt to buy more quality clothing so I know it will last. The main place I shop is Children's Place. They have been having GREAT sales all month long but I knew that soon they too would be having 50% off their clearance as well! Sure enough I got the email yesterday stating the 50% off clearance sale was going on and I hurried in! I was able to get everything I needed for next fall/winter for only $11! The total for 5 shirts, 2 sweat shirts, 1 sweater, 2 pairs of paints and 1 pair of gloves was $42. After my %15 off coupon and $25 gift card my total came to ONLY $11!

So if you know you will need clothes for next season NOW is definitely the time to take advantage of some great sales!

No comments: