Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chicken and Spinach Quiche

(Above picture: my first ever quiche!)

When I was at Dillons the other day I noticed they had Pillsbury pie crusts (2 ct. pkg.) marked down to .99/1 because of the expiration date. I bought 2 and used a .50/2 mf coupon that doubled and a .50/2 cellfire coupon to get these for only .25/pkg or only .13/crust! I had never made quiche before but came home and found this quick and easy recipe to try out and it was GOOD! Even the toddler ate it... after we called is "special pie" of course:)

Here are the ingredients and price break down for me: Serves 6
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese= .10 since I got 8 oz bags of Kraft cheese for only .20 last weekend!
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell=.13 (after MF coupons and a cellfire coupon)
  • 1 cup diced cooked chicken=$1 (I usually get my chicken for 1.99/lb. or less and 1 cup is about 1/2 pound)
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry=.99
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion=.10 maybe (I got onions for only .79/bag last week!)
  • 2 eggs=.20
  • 3/4 cup milk=.20
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise=.30
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt=pennies
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper=pennies
You can see the full recipe here with details on how to make it! Total for this quiche I spent roughly $2! This quiche serves 6 so that is only .34/serving!

No comments: