Thursday, October 8, 2009

This and That

I am sorry I didn't get to the Apple Market add this week. My brain is overloaded with other things.

I did just want to share real quick that I discovered due to using the plastic coverings over our windows last winter we knocked an average of $14 off of our bill every month over 12 months which means we saved $168 over the course of a year just for putting plastic up over our windows!!!

We use the equal payment plan with Kansas Gas Service and you know this budget nazi was excited to find out I could move my heating budget from $80/month to only $66!!! If you are a strict budget keeper like I am than you know that $14/month can go a VERY LONG WAY!!!

If you are not familiar with the equal payment plan I suggest you learn more about it. Westar Energy also has a similar program. It is so freeing to know that I can pay 1 set amount every month instead of freaking out come January when my gas bill soars over $120!

Hope you have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Wow! That is significant. We are replacing a couple of the windows in our living room with high efficiency ones this fall. It will no longer be the coldest room in the house!

The bed rooms we will probably just cover in plastic. Especially since it obviously makes a difference. How exciting to save $14 a month!