Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ham Cheese Stuff and Puff: Price Breakdown

My apologizes for getting this up so late. We were tied up this morning and then I most definitely needed a nap this afternoon! The recipe for this can be found here!

Ham and Cheese Stuff and Puff: Serves 6
  • 5 eggs (I bought 1 dozen for 1.55 the other week)=.65
  • 1 cup milk= (1 gal.=2.99 and has about 16 1 cup servings)=.19
  • 1/2 cup Sour Cream(I got my sour cream for FREE the other week! However, for regular purposes Aldi 16 oz. sour cream is .99/1)=.24
  • 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained (I got mine for .27 the other week, however on regular occasion you can get a bag of frozen veggies on sale most weeks at .99/1)=.99
  • 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken=.79 (I use Aldi brand)
  • 9 oz. (1-1/2 [6-oz.] pkg.) Smoked Ham, chopped (At Aldi I just buy what looks like half of of a ham roll that has been pre-cooked. I can usually get 2-3 meals out of this when I chop it up myself. These usually cost around $5)=2.50 or less
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided (I never pay more than 1.77/2 cup bag)=.89
Total for this meal=$6.25 or $1.04 per serving!

For me this week this meal will only cost me $5.26 b/c of the deals I got on frozen veggies and sour cream!

I hope you enjoy this one!

No comments: