Thursday, September 25, 2008

Walgreens: How did you do?

For Thrifty Thursday I thought I would share about my month at Walgreens.

I have a rule with myself about Walgreens and it goes something like this: If I run out of money on my gift card before the month is over I send in my rebates early and do not spend another dime until my card is re-loaded.

I did run out of money by week #2 because of all the great deals, thus I have already sent in my rebates. I absolutely love this whole on-line submission thing because it only takes like 5 days and BAM my card is already re-loaded! Now I can't turn in any more rebate stuff, but I can still shop:)

Every month at Walgreens I try to earn back just as much, if not more than what I spent for the month. This insures that I always have money on my giftcard and keeps me from spending oop!

This month I spent about $53 on my gift card (with 1.52 left) and I got back over $77 in rebates! I made about $24 this month!

Here is what I purchased:
6 Garnier Frutis Hair Sprays
1 Excedrin Express Gells (FAR)
1 Crest Pro-Health toothpaste (FAR)
2 bottles of Crest Pro-Health mouth wash (Free after RRs)
12 bottles of Robitussin ($7 money maker after RRs)
1 Lypsyl (FAR)
1 Walgreens Acid controller (FAR)
2 Glade scented oil refils
2 Glade plug in gell refils
2 Glade plug in gels

1 Loreal anti wrinkle serum (FAR)
1 Chemistry Shampoo (FAR)
1 Revlon nail polish (FAR)
1 Walgreens water pitcher filter (FAR)
2 scrubbing bubbles starter kits
2 bottles of shout

1 humidifier filter (not free, nor did it earn RRs, we just needed it!)

If I add it all up I really got over $155 worth of stuff for $53.

How did you do? Please share in the comments section!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You did a really great job! That's awesome!