Monday, September 8, 2008

I Love Rainchecks!

Way back in March when the CVS monthly booklet was full of awesome FREE deals it was hard to find any of the items and I ended up with many rainchecks.  I was able to get most items with in the month once CVS stocked their shelves, but to no avail the Lypsyl never got re-stocked.  I check every week for 3 months and then just kind of gave up, but I kept my raincheck just in case...

To my surprise yesterday as I was rounding the corner to head down the deodorant isle for this week's deal I saw some Lypsyl hanging off to the side.  I was so excited, especially since my raincheck was for 5 of them!

The moral of the story?  Always get a raincheck and don't ever throw it away no matter how long you have been waiting for the product to get re-stocked!

2 comments:

Christina said...

How do rainchecks work? Do you still get ECBs back?

Shannon said...

Usually with a rain check they adjust the price according the EB amount. So the Lypsyl were FREE after EB that month so they just price adjusted so my total was nothing. If you got a raincheck for something that was priced at 7.99 but gave back 5 ebs, they would talk $5 off your total... hope that helps! Some stores are different and may choose to have you pay the full amount and then give you money on a gift card.