Friday, July 11, 2008

This week's trip

So far I have only done my usual Friday Dillons and Aldi run. I am feeling blessed that in the midst of a slow week in great deals we are not in need of much! Here is what I have bought for the week. Be sure to check back Monday for my weekly post about my meal plan! Oh and I was able to score a great deal on oranges at Hy-Vee last week... 5lb bag for 2.98 so that made my fruit needs a little less this week.

Dillon's
Note: MS means manager special- these are things that are marked down for various reasons.
  • 1 bag of golden delicous apples on MS for 1.49/bag (these are usually 4.99)
  • 1 pint of Kroger brand half and half=.99
  • 1 bunch of green onions= .79
  • 1 package of 2 chuck steaks on MS for 2.39 (these were originally marked 3.20) These will give me a chance to try the Lawry's marinades I got for .28 cents last week!
  • 1 bag (contains 2 bunches) of Kroger celery hearts on MS for .79 (usually 2.50)
  • 1 8 ct pack of yoplait frizzee yogurt sticks on closeout for 1.64 (usually 3.19) (used a shortcuts.com coupon for .40 and then a paper mf coupon for .35/1 which was doubled to .70. So I got thise item for .54!
  • 1 6ct pack of yoplait yogurt drinks on MS for .79 (usually 3.19)- used a .50/1 coupon doubled to $1 and got these free plus .21 cents of overage!
I got all this for 7.00! My receipt says that I saved only 25% between store and MF coupons. When you factor in the things I got on MS I actually saved around 55%!!

Aldi
  • Cooking spray=1.29
  • Mayo=1.69
  • Bananas=.92/bag of 5
  • Head of cauliflower=1.69
  • 16 oz tub of sour cream=.99
  • 1 cucumber=.59
  • 1 bag of frozen peas=.88
  • 1 gallon of milk=3.09
  • 2 1lb. tubs of strawberries at .99/1= 1.98
  • 1 pack of sliced cheese singles=.89
Total was 15.05

Total this week so far is 22.05. I may plan a trip to Hy-Vee and stock up on their whole pasta that is on sale 10/10.

5 comments:

Jeano said...

I love your ideas and have added you to my blogroll.
Which Dillons do you shop at? I never see all these MS!

Shannon said...

Jeano- I shop at 3 different Dillons stores in Topeka- 21st and Belle, 21st and Fairlawn and 10th and gage. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!

Jeano said...

My DH is an out of town teacher, but we are here in T town! He taught at CPLS for 6 yrs, so we are starting over this year.

Sonshine said...

great deals!

blaireruch said...

I was planning to buy some wipes at Dillons tonight (29th & Urish), as they are always priced at $2.55, and my .50 coupon would be doubled to $1.00, making them $1.55. My heart started racing when I saw that yellow P&G sticker, stating that the regular tubs were part of the buy 3, get $3 off your order deal!!! Only the larger sizes were advertised at $5.99 each as part of this deal! So these small tubs became $.55! You can do this deal multiple times in the same order. I did it 3 times. Actually the clerk somehow did not charge me for a 10th one, so bonus! It is only the ones that are marked with the yellow tag. I also got 2 Huggies wipes for $1.55 after .50 coupons wee doubled. I think this deal runs through 7/19. I'm excited to get 10 more points for Pampers Gifts to Grow too!

Also, there is a Gerber promo going on from 7/9 to 7/29. If you buy $15, you get $2 catalina off your next order. Spend $20, get $3. Spend $25 or more, get $5. It's for all products and has to be done in one
transaction.

Other good deals:
Turkey Hill half gallon tea on sale for $1.50. Used $1.00 man. coupon to get this for .50. The chai tea I bought is so good when you add milk and nuke it for a minute. They also have raspberry, peach and many other flavors.

Kroger cucumber dill dip MS .50
Fresh Bella mushroom bag MS $1.49
Fresh Express salad bag MS $1.49
Fiber One yogurt $2.69 - $1.00 man = $1.69
Disney Nemo and Monsters Inc. yogurt MS $1.39
Horizon Organic Milk Gallon $2.49! This is better than the $3.19 regular gallon!

:)

Blaire