Thursday, February 4, 2010

Red Beans and Rice

My apologies that this was not up on Tuesday like promised... better late than never:)

I don't really have a recipe... I just do what my sister in law says to do:) So this recipe here is about the closest I found to mine. Below are the prices of the ingrediants:

Red Beans and Rice: Serves 8
  • 1lb. bag of Red kidney Beans (dry)=$2.00
  • 1lb. rope of beef sausage =$1 (usually like $3 w/o sale )(I got mine for only $1 because of a sale and coupons a while ago and froze it for this purpose!)
  • 1 onions=maybe .30 cents
  • 5-6 cloves of garlic=.25 cents
  • salt and pepper=pennies
  • 2 cups of cooked white rice (more if you like your less soupy)= .50 cents (maybe... I get my bags of rice for .99/1 at Aldi)
  • Hot sauce... depends on how much you use:)
Okay so for all of this I paid like $3... that is only .38/serving and trust me this is SOOOO good! I usually serve with corn muffins. YUM!

No comments: