Monday, December 14, 2009

Make Your Own Baby Food!

Our little Levi is 5 months old now and I have started introducing cereal and soon enough it will be on to fruits and veggies. I am not sure how many of you out there are in my boat but I wanted to share with you an awesome baby food making website!

It is called Wholesomebabyfood.com. I love this site because it tells you exactly how to prepare and freeze and use homemade baby food. I did this with my 1st one and I know WE SAVED A TON OF MONEY!

This summer I actually anticipated the baby food making season I would enter and bought fresh fruits when I knew they were at their rock bottom prices. I simply peeled, cut them up and froze them in ziploc bags. In the next few weeks I will be pulling those bags out and preparing baby food for Levi.

I brought this topic up specifically this week because there are great prices on fresh fruits and veggies this week that are perfect for making your own baby food! If you are in the baby food stage or will be soon and need to save a little cash consider making your own baby food and be sure to check out the great deals at all 3 stores this week.

If you have any questions about baby food making or more questions about how I do it please feel free to email me at thegroceryweekly@gmail.com.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I made and froze (in ice cube trays) my own baby food for Kelvin, too. I saved so much money and it wasn't that much extra work. The night before, I just pulled out the cubes of baby food that I'd need for the next day and kept them in the refrigerator to thaw.