Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Recipe: Chili Cheese Fritos

This is my version of Chili Cheese Fritos. It is actually called Creamed Tacos.

Creamed Tacos: Serves 6 (maybe more)
  • 2 cans of Chili w/o bean=1.19 each at Aldi=2.38
  • 2 cans of Rotel (I got these on sale for .38/1 a week ago)=.76 cents
  • 2 cans of Pinto Beans (I use the BIG can at Aldi=2 cans)=.99
  • 1/2 pint of whipping cream=1.00
  • 1/2 pound of Velveeta cheese (I got a 2 pound block for 3.49 a week a go)=.87
  • 1 bag of Friots (I used off brand at Aldi=.99
Bring chili, rotel and pinto beans to a boil in a dutch oven pan or something big:) Turn down heat and add whipping cream and Velveeta and stir until Velveeta melts in.

You can either dish this up and then add the Fritos or dish it over the Fritos... whatever you like best!

Total for this meal=6.99 or 1.17/per serving!

No comments: