Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baked Ham Recipe

Below is my baked ham recipe. It is so easy and you can add or subtract meat to fit the number of people you are feeding.

Baked Ham: Serves ??? (you can decide)

I usually just buy a big boneless ham when they go on sale. For instance last week the Farmland Hams were on sale for .99/lb. and these are usually 6 lbs making this only $6.00! I usually only use 1/4 of the Ham for our family.

1/4 of whole 6 lb. ham=$1.50
1/2 cup of syrup=.25 (maybe?)
1/4 brown sugar =.10 (maybe?)

I just slice the ham and arrange the pieces in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with the syrup and sprinkle brown sugar on top. I then bake covered at 350 for about 30 minutes. I usually serve with steamed carrots and roasted potatoes... either sweet or red.

Tastes great and costs under $2!!!

No comments: