Hamburger Potato Casserole: Easily feeds 6 more
- 1/2- 1 lb. ground beef (I think she used 3/4 because that is what she had) (I use 1 lb.=1.99)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (.45/can at Aldi)
- about 8 0z of sour cream... give or take (16 oz tub is .99 at Aldi so half would=.45/8 oz.)
- about 2 lbs. of potatoes (at least 3-5 good sized ones) cut however you want really (I prefer to slice them in full circles) (10 bag is around 3.50 currently so 2 lbs.=.70)
- Shredded cheese (maybe 1-2 cups) (I always buy cheese for .88 or less per cup. I only use 1 cup in this recipe=.88)
Brown the ground beef and season as you wish. While beef is cooking, bring the potatoes to a boil in a separate pot. The goal here is to cook them until fork tender, but not completely done. Drain both potatoes and ground beef. Combine them with cream of mush soup and sour cream in a 9X13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are done. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until cheese is melted.
I usually serve this with a veggie and some bread. If you want you can always mix in your veggie (green beans are the best option- canned) with the other ingredients and bake them in the casserole. This works well for picky eaters because you don't really taste the vegetable.
The total price to make this meal=4.47 or .75/serving!