Friday, April 10, 2009

Walgreens: Rolling RRs


Yesterday I posted how you could make $1 overage when you buy Colgate Total toothpaste this week at Walgreens. If you are wondering what to do with the RR's you will get back from this deal I have an idea for you!

Yesterday, in 3 separate transactions, I bought 3 Colgate Total toothpastes. You must buy RR items in separate transactions otherwise you won't get all your RRs back. So here is what I did:

Transaction 1:
  • 1 Colgate total=3.49
  • -1.50/1 from All you magazine
  • Total=1.99 and I got 3.49 in RR back... overage of $1.50!
Transactions 2 and 3:
  • 1 Colgate total=3.49
  • -1/1 coupon from here
  • Total=2.49 and I got back 3.49 in RR... overage of $1 for each transaction for an overage total of $2!
So after all 3 transactions I got back 3 RRs of $3.50 each for a total of $10.50 in RRs to spend. I like to "roll" or spend my RRs on other items that give me RRs back (similar method to CVS EBs). I went ahead and looked at next weeks ad and there will be some great things to roll my RRs on. Here is my plan for the $10.50 in Walgreens RRs I have:
  • Buy 1 Colgate Max Fresh toothbrush=3.29 (get 3.29 in RR back)
  • Buy 1 Fiber Choice 10 ct. tablets=2.49 (get 2.49 in RR back)
  • Buy 1 18 ct. pack of scunni pony tail holders=2.00 (get 2.00 in RR back)
  • Buy 1 Skintimate or Edge shave cream/gel=2.99 (get 2.99 in RR back)
  • .50 filler item
Total=11.27
- all 3 of my $3.50 RRs=$10.50
-.75/1 Colgate toothbursh coupon
New Total=.02 + tax and I will get back 10.77 in RRs making all of this FREE!

Be sure to buy your Colgate before end of the day Saturday and note that the other items I plan to roll my RRs on do not go on sale until SUNDAY!

13 comments:

Leandrea at Coupons Are Great said...

I haven't looked at next week's ads but am excited to try your scenario. Thank you!

Sarah said...

Is the Colegate coupon gone now? I can't seem to find it through your link.

Shannon said...

it could be... sometimes the coupons on there have a print limit. I know many other blogs promoted the coupon this week as well

Kelly said...

So since you're not buying multiples of the same item next week with your RRs, can you buy this all in one transaction?

Also, are you able to use your RR from this week's toothpaste for next week's toothbrush since it's the same manufacturer?

TIA - this is my first week shopping at Walgreens!

Shannon said...

Kelly- you are right... because I am not buying multiple of the RR giving items I can buy all of what I have planned in one transaction.

Yes even though it is the same manufacturer the $ amount is different for the items so I should have no problems and from what I understand it is a different promotion all together.

Let me know if you have any other questions... good luck!

Anonymous said...

I tried the skintimate and Edge shave Gel and neither are producing a RR! Just a heads up. I've heard others say the same thing.

Shannon said...

penny pincher-

They should be producing RRs because it is a monthly promo. Make sure you are buying the correct product... many have not been buying the correct product. You need to buy the products that are on the displays only. If those still don't produce an RR ask a manager.

Thanks!

angie said...

I am confused on the filler items. Why do you have to get a filler item. I am SO new at this couponing thing!!!! Can you explain that further? Thanks!!

Michelle said...

You cant use multiple RR in one transaction. Just FYI.

Shannon said...

Hi Angie, you need a filler so your total isn't negative. if I didn't have a filler then my total would be -.73 after my MF coupon and RRs which you can't do.

jodie said...

i am also having trouble with the skintimate and edge RR's. what do you mean by the "displays"? thank you

Shannon said...

The Skintimate and Edge products that are producing RRs are on a display in most stores by the beauty counter. Printed directly on the display is the date of promotion. If you can't find the display ask a store associate where to find the products.

Shannon said...

Michelle-

I have never had a problem using multiple RRs in one transaction. I have check out with both cashiers and managers alike. Is this something a manager told you or you have had troubles with?