Saturday, April 25, 2009

Walgreens for 4/26

It is official that starting tomorrow the Walgreens Easy Saver Rebate program will no longer be happening. Instead Walgreens is taking a "CVS" approach and offering more items that are FREE after RRs.
Please read more about this here. While you are there check out all the great FREEBIES and MONEY MAKERS this week! Below is my RR rolling plan for the week: take note that this will still work for you even if you don't have any RR's to start with. You will just pay a little more OOP.

Transaction 1:
  • 1 Bayer Breeze=14.99
  • 1 Ecotrin=2.00
  • 1 Bayer Quick Release=2.49
Total=19.48
  • -$2 Chapstick RR (from 2 weeks ago)
  • - $30/1 Bayer coupon (adjusted down to 14.99)=-14.99
  • -2.25 Ecotrin coupon (like adjusted down to 2.00)=2.00
New Total=.49 + tax, and I will get back $5 in RR for the Breeze Meter, $2 in RR for the Ecotrin and $2.49 in RR for the Bayer for a total of $9.49 back!

Transaction #2:
  • 1 Rembrandt toothpaste or mouthwash=5.99
  • 1 Ecotrin=2.00
Total=7.99
  • - $5 RR from the Breeze Meter
  • -$2.25/1 Ecotrin coupon (likely adjusted down to $2.00)
Total=.99 + tax and I get $5.99 in RR for the Rembrandt back and $2 in RR for the Ecotrin=$7.99 back!

Transaction #3
  • 1 Nivea body wash=4.99
  • .25 filler item
Total=5.24
  • -2 RR from Ecotrin
  • -2.49 RR from they Bayer tablets
Total=.75 + tax and I will get back 4.99 in RR for the Nivea

Total OOP for the day=$2.23 + tax and I will still have my 5.99 Rembrant RR, 4.99 Nivea RR and a 2 Ectorin RR left for a total of 12.98 in RRs to roll next week!

After I subtract out my $2 RR I started with and my total OOP I will actually make a little under $9.00!!!

6 comments:

flemishe said...

In transaction #3, you'll have to use a filler item since you can only use one RR per item, unless you have a secret way to use the RRs that I haven't heard of! :)

Shannon said...

darn.. you are right... why does Walgreens have to so much more complicated than CVS:) Thanks for pointing that out!

Dahlia said...

I've come across two different policies about using register rewards...if we use a RR to pay for an item (like the Nivea body wash) will we still get a RR for the body wash? Sometimes it prints and when it doesn't and I mention that I should get a RR, the cashier says that I don't get one because I used a coupon/RR...what's the scoop?

Shannon said...

you can use RRs to pay for other RR producing items. The catch is that you can't "roll" the same RR multiple times. For example if you bought the Nivea you could not use the Nivea RR to buy another Nivea. Otherwise the RRs should print out...

Anonymous said...

The way I am reading it, #3 would work. 2 items (Nivea & $.25 filler) - 2 RR's ($2.00 from Nivea & $2.49 from Bayer).

$5.24 - $4.49 = $.75, as posted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shannon said...

Hi Lisa...You are right, I fixed my scenario after flemishe pointed out. thanks!