Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dillons: Gas Deal

Many of you may already be familiar with the Dillons gas discount. During the time period of 1 month starting from the 1st and going until the 30/31st for every $100 dollars you spend at Dillons (including the chineese kitchen!) you will receive .10 cents off up to 32 gallons of gas per purchase. You can see your totals at the bottom of your receipt. It will tell you how much from your transaction qualified toward the discount and what your overall total is for the month. If you spend $200 you get this discount twice!

Here are some things to know about this:
  • You have to use your .10/gallon before the end of the next month. For example during the month of August I had $200 worth of qualifying money go toward the gas discount. This means I get the discount 2 times or in other words for 2 seperate fill ups. I have to use both of these before the end of September of I will loose them.
  • The "qualifiing" money toward your discount is what your total is before MF coupons! So for the month of Aug. I only spent about $120.00 OOP at Dillons, but had just over $200 in qualifing money toward my gas discount!
  • You get this discount up to 32 gallons per purchase. So to get the most out of this my husband I try and fill up our cars at the same time since each car only holds 15 gallons or less we can get both cars filled within the 32 gal. max range! We fill up one car and pull it foward and then fill up the other one in 1 transaction.
  • Even though only 2 of our Dillons stores have a gas station, you can shop at any Dillons and still earn money toward the discount. For example you don't just have to shop at The 29th and Urish location to qualify for the discount from that gas station.
The 2 Topeka stores with gas stations are the locations at 29th and Urish and the one located up North off of HWY 24. The Urish location will give you .10 off a gallon. The North Topeka Dillons will actually give you .20 off a gallon!

I hope this all makes sense! Please feel free to comment with questions.

4 comments:

Cara said...

There is also a Dillon's gas station at 29th and California.

Transforming Hope said...

Do you know if there's a way to check what the price is at the Dillon's stations? I have to make a special trip to 29th & Urish to get gas and it's not always worth it. Often I get gas cheaper at the station right by my house that gives 2 cents off with my card.

Shannon said...

you can go here : http://www.KansasGasPrices.com/Topeka/index.aspx

for the Topeka, gas prices. For everybody else go to www.gasbuddy.com and search for your state and zip. I love this site!

blaireruch said...

pulling up the 2nd car to max out the 32 gallons? genius.