Sunday, June 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


These past 2 weeks have not really gone as planned which is kind of a challenge for the type A personality that I am! So again, you will see some repeat menus that still have not gotten eaten! This week is bound to be just as crazy with the 4th of July coming up... anybody else wish they would put a ban on fireworks being shot off during the hours of 1:00p.m.-4:00p.m. Nap time is pretty precious around here! Make sure you check out other menu plans here. Have a great week!

Breakfast: Unfortunately in this house there are not many options.
Frozen pancakes (made from scratch and then frozen) and fruit
Oatmeal with fruit
Cold cereal (if you coupon long enough you will never run out of cereal!)
Yogurt with fruit
Eggs and toast

Lunch:
Leftovers
Meat and cheese sandwhich
Grilled cheese sandwich
PB & J sandwhich
Mac and Cheese
Rice and veggies
All lunches are usually served with raw veggies
fruit, and crackers/chips . Depending on the
week we might have yogurt too.

Dinner:
Sunday: Hot dogs/potatoes on the grill/raspberry chipolte black bean dip with tortilla chips/ grapes.
Monday: Taco soup/tortilla chips/apple slices (my mother-in-law happens to be a great cook and made this soup for us when we visited her last summer and it has been a family favorite ever since!)
Tuesday: Dinner with my parents
Wednesday: Mexican casserole/oranges slices/bread
Thursday: Sausage Pizza/apple slices/raw veggies
Friday: BBQ- it is July 4th!
Saturday: My wonderful husband is taking me on a date!

7 comments:

ListPlanIt said...

My favorite is the Date Night! Lucky you!! Looks like a fun week.

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

Connie said...

You may not believe this....but I just read what you wrote about fireworks and now I hear some going off in the distance! AGH!

We run humidifiers in the kid's rooms and it drowns out most noises.

Now, back to the menu plan! Your menu looks great!

Bird Stalker Photography said...

It all sounds wonderful! Gotta love those date nights when you get a chance!

Kristi said...

Our family loves Taco Soup too. Have fun on your date night!

Sonshine said...

Yummy menu! Enjoy your "date night"!!

LOL @ your comment regarding couponing and never running out of cold cereal!! At one point I had 36 boxes of cold cereal that I had gotten via coupons for less than $1a box! Hubby told me not to buy any more!! LOL

Enjoy your week!

Cara said...

Shannon, have you tried the BOGO coupon for the Lifesavers deal at our CVS here in Topeka? I plan on going today and have read on Hot Coupon World that it is only working at some of the stores so I thought I would ask before I head out.

Thanks for the help.
Also, I wanted to mention thanks for putting up all the grocery deal, this is a great timesaver and help to me.

I have been mentioning your site to all my friends.

Shannon said...

Cara-
I totally forgot about the life saver deal but have never had any problems using coupons like that before with these kinds of sales. The coupon should work fine:) Thanks for telling others about this blog site. I am so glad you are benefiting from it and others as well! Have a great rest of the week and let me know if the life saver deal doesn't work for some reason.